Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Chariots of Fewer



Yesterday I claimed that the only S range ancient figures I'd never seen were a few coded A2s. Looking at that old catalogue again, however I realise that couple of the chariots have so far dodged my attention - the Egyptian light chariot ( the top vehicle in photo one, above) and the Persian Bactrian vehicle which I'm guessing is the middle chariot in photo two (Below). I'm thinking that the Egyptian chariot is actually a remodel of the one I use in my Egyptian army, the Bactrian vehicle is a mystery, however. It seems to have some sort of external lattice-work on the body and feature a converted Assyrian javelinman as a driver. I've got a quite a few chariots in my collection - including the heavier Egyptian version with pharaoh in it, but I've never clapped eyes on the Bactrian cart.

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, Harry, the 'upper' Egyptian chariot is the one that I purchased as a schoolboy in the mid seventies - perhaps no more than year or two after this catalogue was printed.

    ReplyDelete